new intelliflo 4 160 problem

Nov 7, 2007
I'm starting up a new pool and the intelliflo pump isn't working correctly. It won't pump at all on speed #1. The motor runs but pumps no water. It primes and pumps fine in speeds #2 and #3 for about 15 minutes and then stops giving the 9 blink alarm code. Water circulates through the pool and spa like it is supposed to. Pressurre at the sand filter is 10 psi.

According to the manual the 9 blink code indicates an over voltage condition (or possibly low voltage though they don't say that.). The pump runs for less than a second at speed #4 before shutting down giving the same alarm code. The electrician checked voltage and it read 242. Amps were 7.2 on each leg. The sub panel (Easy Touch) is wired with #8 wire and is a 200 foot run from main panel. Electrician has assured me this is adequate but I'm beginning to wonder. I have a call in to Pentair but it takes up to 72 hours for them to respond to a technical question. I hope to solve this soon as I'm curing a pebble tech finish.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Intelliflo problem solved?

Did you ever get a resolution to your Intelliflo...red LED blinking 9X's....resolved?

We are having a similar problem with our 2 week old Intelliflo 4X160.

Thanks,

galh

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.