First water test by pool store, need advice.....

Here are my numbers, could someone help me out, I have the print out from the pool store, but dang it's A LOT of chemicals...... this print out says it should be used for BioGuard products only, but I don't know....

14,800 gallons, vinyl above ground

Temp 70
Saturation index .4
TDS 300
CYA 0
Total Chlorine 9
Free Chlorine 9
pH 8.4
Tot Alk 35
Adj total Alk 35
Total hardness 271
Optimizer + 11

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Based off of these numbers, you need to do is bring your PH down. Anywhere between 7.2 and 7.8. Any higher or lower could create a lot of problems for the pool and equipment. Next, bring your CYA up to about 30ppm to start off with. Your TA is a little low and needs to come up.

Pool stores have been known to be off on there testing so your current numbers may be off. Order a good test kit of your own. TFtestkits or the Taylor 2006 kit are the best out there. See the test kit link in my signature.

:cheers:

Pool store testing is awful!! That said, they are usually decent at pH so you need to get your pH down into the mid 7's today using muriatic acid. Do that, post the results and we'll help you get everything else right.

Read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry in Pool School

Is this a newly filled pool? If so, can you tell us what chemicals you have added so far? I am wondering about the reading for Optimizer, have you added that or is that a bogus number?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.