sediment in my pool

Jun 21, 2011
Help. Even after a thorough cleaning and adding the DE to my Jandy system, the very next day I can brush up clouds of sediment and silt on the floor of my pool. The filter is 5 years old and a few of the filter grids have broken corners but, the fabric is still in tact with no obvious tears or openings where the material can pass through. I vac the pool and still get the sediment. I'd like to see my kids use the pool without stirring up lots of the sediment and clouding up the pool.

Welcome!

In order to narrow down the possibilities, I recommend placing nylons over your return(s). If the sediment builds up in the stockings, then it may mean that you need to replace the filter grids. If the sediment returns to your swimming area, but did not build up in the nylon stockings then it may mean that you live in a dusty area.

Is the sediment slimy, hard, any particular color? Does the sediment look like DE powder? Take a pinch of DE powder, put it in the pool, and compare that test sample to your sediment.

Hopefully this will get you started so that your children do not have to swim in cloudy water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.