Used pool vac

kal2002

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 4, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Recently while browsing the local Craigslist, I saw a used pool vac for $50. The ad said it was an older pool vac and all it needed was new feet. I did not buy it but I wonder if it is a good idea to get a used pool cleaner. For one thing, it will have to be disinfected for algae. What do you guys think?

Obviously it's hit or miss buying used equipment, but I've been very successful (or lucky) doing so over the years. Thus year I picked up a two year old Hayward 250k BTU heater and a 5+ year old Aquabot T4 robot. Both work flawlessly, although I did need to replace the drive belts on the Aquabot.

I didn't notice any algae on the used robot, but even if there were some, it's nothing than a good cleaning can't resolve.

I plan on sticking with the used equipment route anytime I can. I much prefer Craigslist over the pool store.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.