Little ants going under bottom rail.

Apr 22, 2011
Ohio
So, in 4 days time, I have ants digging under the bottom rail of the new pool install. It is just those really little ants, but it looks like they moved a little bit of the sand from under the liner, to the outside of the pool wall. Any suggestions on how to keep the away from the pool? You never realize how many ants you have in your yard, until you dig half of it up to build a retaining wall, drainage, and pool. (This is an AGP)

I know I can't kill them all, or I would, but I would like to keep them away from the pool wall. I don't feel like having them dig tunnels throughout my sand bottom :( :( :(

waste said:
Try sprinkling DE (diatomacious earth) around the bottom rail (*as long as no kids nor pets will get into it) and you might just kill them all. :twisted:

+1

DE will get on them and leach the moisture from their little ant bodies, thereby killing them.

Boric acid also works. They take it back to their queen because they think it's food. Kills em dead. 20/20 MuleTteam works just fine. Pour it on their little hills, they will haul it underground and die. They like it. muuuhahahahahaaaaa

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.