Leaving for 7 days, need Chlorine plan

Jun 16, 2009
South Carolina
I am leaving for a 7 day vacation (Key West if you must know! :cheers:) and I would like to be able to keep the pool as low maintenance as possible. I keep my pool b/w 3-8ppm with my CYA around 35ppm and borates. Should I buy a few tabs and put in the skimmer? I know they are stabilized but how much will this raise my CYA? How long do they last and what will it maintain my chlorine at? Or, is there an unstabilized slow release chlorine?

Thanks,
Henry

Don't put them in the skimmer unless you are running your pump 24/7. GEt a floater. You can plug in how many oz of tabs you add to a floater on the bottom of poolcalculator.com and it will tell you. 12oz of tabs (4 big ones) raises my pool's CYA by 1.1. :)

RobbieH said:
Don't put them in the skimmer unless you are running your pump 24/7. GEt a floater. You can plug in how many oz of tabs you add to a floater on the bottom of poolcalculator.com and it will tell you. 12oz of tabs (4 big ones) raises my pool's CYA by 1.1. :)

Thanks, I might do that. I would like to buy some Trichlor tabs individually b/c I don't want a bunch of them. Do stores sell them in small packs? I might just make a floating chlorinator with a coke bottle or something. I'm about to get crazy with this one but my grandmother has some of the stabilized chlorine granules that you scoop. I might get a 2 liter bottle, cut some slits in it and let it float around the pool. It would be a diffusing mechanism so I would have to fine tune the holes in the bottle to make sure I'm not releasing to fast or slow. I don't really have time to test, so I probably just try the tabs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.