TFP now up to 53% of the posts on the old forum

Titanium

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2007
SF Bay Area
I just wanted to congratulate SeanB for a great job here at TFP. Like many of you, I started out at Pool Forum and I learned a lot over there.

I still read both forums, and I happened to note that TFP is up to 27,895 posts whereas Pool Forum has 52,108 posts. So TFP now has 53.4% of the posts that Pool Forum does, and this just since March of this year (not even 8 months yet)!

TFP has 3344 threads whereas Pool Forum has 7704 threads, so TFP is only 43.4% of the number of threads on Pool Forum. So TFP seems to have more posts per thread than Pool Forum.

TFP has 2303 members, whereas Pool Forum has 8448 members, so TFP has only 27.3% of the number of members that Pool Forum does. So TFP is getting a great number of posts and threads with fewer members.

If this trend continues, TFP should surpass Pool Forum in the number of posts and threads sometime in the summer of 2008.

Again, great job SeanB.

Titanium

I found the 8448 number for Pool Forum membership by clicking on the "membership" tab. Somewhere on that page it says "showing results 1 to 30 of 8448".

I never noticed the membership number at the bottom of the home page. That also would have been a lot easier to use the number of threads and posts also shown there instead of adding them up individually like I did. :oops:

I wonder where the discrepancy in membership numbers comes from? And I wonder which number is correct?

Titanium

also, don't forget that PF was pretty 'down to business' and 'pool stuff only', whereas we have the backyard oasis and coffee bar for non-pool stuff, plus quite a few frivolous posts from certain mermaids :roll: ;)
Still, we have had impressive growth and participation!

I think the discrepancy between the membership numbers on PF might be something about 'active' members, though I am not sure what constitutes an active member... maybe the difference is either folks who registered and never posted, or registered but never authenticated the membership or something like that...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.