HELP how to prove scaling and not lack of brushing

merl

Mar 8, 2011
Pool being emptied now, need help for refill

Okay so I am having the pool emptied so they can polish the plaster. They told me it is rough because we did not brush it, that is absolutly wrong. We brushed it for days. The problem is they walked away and failed to balance the chemicals, and or tell me to do it.

SO.. my question is, once it is filled again, what should I do to get it right? When it was first filled they put 6 jugs of acid in it. Should I do the same?

Re: Pool being emptied now, need help for refill

No, no large dose of acid after polishing. Using a lot of acid when the plaster is brand new is fairly standard, but now that it is a couple of weeks old you want to maintain the PH in the normal range at all times.

Exactly how long has it been since the plaster was first applied?

Re: Pool being emptied now, need help for refill

Thanks man, what really angers me is that the PB says it got rough because we did not brush it enought, when in fact we brushed it all the time. The problem has to be scaling and the BP should have done something with the chemicals, they did nothing but drop 6 gallons of acid in the pool and walk away!

BP says we did not brush the pool and this caused it to become rough. He is fixing it but he wants to blame us so he doesnt have to pay me 600 for the cost of water and sewage. I know 100% it was scaling. The PB filed the pool, dumped 6 gallons of acid in it and walked away. He told me he would be back in 10 days to put the salt in and that is all I was told. I brushed it daily, several time. The PB came back added the salt and that was it. I was never told what to do to manage the water, only that I was to watch the salt levels.

I am going to prove somehow that the problem was scaling not lack of brushing.

Thanks

couple thoughts.

if the full dispute is over 600, consider what else you have to lose by going after full compensation. if you think you will ever need PB for warranty work, would it be possible to calmly discuss splitting the cost 300-300? you can always discuss (again in a calm manner) that he may have more to lose with an open court case which will be made public with all the details and unless there is anything in writing, he may lose more in future business by not settling the matter with you before it's escalated.

my personal opinion: down here in the deep deep south (95 km from cuba) we are personally responsible for pool maintenance and education, that means, the PB simply builds the pool and *everything else* is up to the owner once construction is done. that includes proper maintenance, equipment, chemistry et al.

our local PB's put that in writing while helpfully *suggesting steps* but explaining that they are *not* in the maintenance business. all of this can be overcome by *putting it down in writing* before signing the contract. if the contract states PB will maintain pool for the first 30-90 days, then the owner has a *grace period* to learn and come up to speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.