Metal skimmer covers and kids

Feb 11, 2010
Just wanted to give a warning to those who have metal skimmer covers, or plan to get them.

My 14 month old stood on one of them for less than 10 seconds and ended up with 2nd degree burns on her right foot. I knew they got hot, but did not realize they would burn someone like this. She will be fine, but I wanted to warn others of the hazard.

Any bare metal laying in the sun will get hot enough to do serious damage. Thanks for posting a reminder to be diligent about it. Maybe it'll save someone else from your little ones fate.

Glad that she will be fine.

[attachment=0:159qqvsd]IMG_0239.jpg[/attachment:159qqvsd]

I will be replacing with plastic ones until the kids are old enough. We often have many kids over and do not want to risk this happening again.

She is recovering just fine. The foot looks awful, but she acts as if nothing happened and is walking on it just fine (bandaged of course).

Attachments

• IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 44
You should be able to replace the metal lids with plastic ones.

As a rule, it might be a good idea to have little ones like that wear shoes outside. There are plenty of things out there that are capable of injuring little feet. Hot things are just one of them. Swim shoes are good things to have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.