How to measure

When I add liquid chlorine I use a glass measuring cup.

I also have a an 8 cup pitcher with lines marked at every 8 oz. that I use for bigger quantities .

I guess a 5 gal. pail would work out well too with lines marked at every gal.

I have one of these.
14491.jpg

Plastic, won't break. Can be read looking down from above from the inside out, so you can keep the acid down low. http://www.lesliespool.com/Home/Pool-Ch ... 14491.html

I use a 1 quart plastic measuring cup similar to Richard. (I think I got it Walmart or Target someplace like that). I take a 5 gal bucket with some water and add my chems to that. That way when pour the bucket into the pool, I have some control over how fast I'm adding stuff. Just place the whole bucket into the pool, then tip it to slowly pour out the contents in front of my deep end return.

I was a little worried about using plastic when adding acid too. But, the cup didn't melt or anything, it worked a champ. I have one of those OXO ones you can read from the side or from the top, that way I can keep the cup low and still read it like Richard said. I'm not a big fan of glass by the pool. I had a pyrex measuring cup for awhile, but just got nervous I would break it and get glass in the pool. I'm not fan of any glass by the pool frankly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.