Old model of Intex SWG available for purchase on Intex websi

May 17, 2009
Jasper, TN
I noticed that there are two listing for SWG's that can be purchased directly from Intex (which I will refer to as old model and new model since that's what we generally refer to them here), the old model without copper ionization and the new model with copper.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this and bought the older model directly from Intex lately? I will call them sometime next week to find out if no one else has.

Also, I sent an email to customer service blasting them (in a polite way) about adding copper to their SWG and how they took a very good product and made it bad. I told them what have they told people that are calling in about their green hair? And that probably more non-Intex pool owners purchased their equipment than actually Intex pool owners, and I hope that they really put things back to the way they were. I commended them on such a wonderful product that is perfect for us medium to smaller sized above ground pool owners.

Maybe if others write them, they may see the error of their ways :)

Re: Old model of Intex SWG available for purchase on Intex w

Can you furnish a link? I go their website and they only have one model, part number 16601. Is that the one you think os "old?". Thanks for any info - I just bought a "new/copper" one today at walmart but could return ot if the direct from intex works out. Thanks!

Maybe we should all send them a note to offer the product again as it was instead of the "new and improved" version. If they get enough concerns/requests maybe they will consider changing back or offering the previous model again.

crek31 said:
Can you furnish a link? I go their website and they only have one model, part number 16601. Is that the one you think os "old?". Thanks for any info - I just bought a "new/copper" one today at walmart but could return ot if the direct from intex works out. Thanks!

Yes the 16601 is the one I'm talking about. The model sold in stores and online previously was 56601 which didn't have copper.

btw, did you pay $199 for it from Walmart? It's only $139 if you buy it from walmart.com and get free shipping if you pick it up at the store.

Suziqzer said:
Maybe we should all send them a note to offer the product again as it was instead of the "new and improved" version. If they get enough concerns/requests maybe they will consider changing back or offering the previous model again.

In another post I made a few hours ago on this forum, I suggested the same thing. I have already emailed them and told them what a mistake they made.

I did pay the 199 because I bought before I saw your post in my thread. However, it looks to me like it is now $169 online. I will be with you ordering from Intexand returning to Walmart if you confirm it is old model. Thanks!

crek31 said:
I did pay the 199 because I bought before I saw your post in my thread. However, it looks to me like it is now $169 online. I will be with you ordering from Intexand returning to Walmart if you confirm it is old model. Thanks!

Wow, they did go up. Hmmm... was still at $139 about 3 days ago. I first saw them at $139 a little over 3 weeks ago.

Apparently buying it from intexstore.com adds a healthy shipping fee for a total of $233.74.

Product Cost: $189.99
Sales Tax: $0.00
Shipping and Handling: $43.75
Total Order Cost: $233.74

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.