Conversion complete, CYA question

Jun 19, 2011
I converted from Baquacil to SWG (about 65 gallons of bleach and 3 days). I also ordered a new DME filter to replace an undersized sand filter. Conversion went more quickly than I expected, so my new equipment wasn't ready to install. So trying to speed things up (oops?), I started adding 3# of CYA granules (via broadcasting) before plumbing in the new filter and SWG. It mostly disappeared overnight so I added an extra 4# via broadcasting. It was 90%-ish gone the next day when I swapped out the filter.
My question:
When I measure CYA, it comes up as zero. Am I flubbing the test? Did all the CYA eventually end up in the filter and get thrown away? I didn't really notice it as I removed the sand, but I didn't comb through the sand either. My TF100 kit is new, so the chemicals should be good.

If only all the information for everything was posted in 1 thread. Believe me, I did a lot of reading here before and during my conversion. Not once did I see the sock method until I started searching for CYA problems and then I saw it.
I searched my discarded sand and didn't notice CYA pieces, so I'll give it another day or so and do another reading. thanks for your response.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.