Intellichlor IC60 dead

Jun 19, 2011
Hello everyone,

We just bought our house back in Feb and it has a salt water pool that was installed March of 2010. We have been maitiaining it very well and have had no problems till yesterday.

We cleaned our Intellichlor IC60 as usuall with the acid solotuion this is the second time we've done it and this time when we plugged it back in and started the pool system it was just dead. No acid got on the outside of the cell and it sat for about 20 minutes each time during cleaning. I've checked the fuse and it's fine the breakers are not tripped. It's sunday so no one is open yet i was hoping someone would tell me the Intellichlor has a reset on it somewhere before i pay to have someone come out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to TFP!

The main thing is to be sure the circuit breaker the power supply is on is turned on and not tripped. Other than that, you should get some pattern of lights when it turns on. With no lights at all there isn't really anything you can do other than check the power.

i checked the breaker it's sharing the same double breaker as the main pump, i turned it off then back on. The power supply for the IC60 has a fuse but nothing else on it, the fuse isn't blown but i'll throw a new one in it just because. The IC60 never powers up at all, no light patterns, it's just dead.

So a few things, it's a IC40 not sure why i put 60. Pentair said that the warrenty is no transferable and even though it was still under warrenty since i bought the house from the original owner they will not honor the warrenty. They also said that they do not repair them, and the shop in town said their is no one that does. So if anyone has some more info it would be helpfull so far i'm not happy with this company at all.

My IC 40 did the same thing. I found a broken pin in the connecter from the power cord to the power box. I cut the connecters off and wired it direct and the power came back on.
But now the power light on the cell is red. Is it better to call a service man or just replace the cell myself ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.