New user with (hopefully) a minor question

Jun 19, 2011
Southern NH
Hello to all

I do not yet any test kit of any kind (would love to have your recommendation). Right now I do not have any test results. My water looks good and we did have it tested two weeks ago and we got loaded up on chemicals at the pol store to bring the pH level into range. The only problems I am having is the water feels sticky. Crystal clear water, just a bit sticky.

Any thoughts on that would be great along with my best bet for a test kit so I can get the results to post here.

Thank you in advance.

Sticky water, ick. If you can recall what sort of stuff the pool store sold you, maybe someone can point out the culprit.

I'll take a wild guess it was an algaecide, but I've never used one so that is a guess. I hear of them creating foaming and bad smells and so that seems like it would start out sticky.

Following the method used on this forum, you won't need expensive sticky potions from the pool store. I use chlorine (3 varieties) and acid. No floc, no clarifiers, no algaecides, no enzymes. When I need calcium I use chlorine with calcium (cal-hypo). When I need CYA I use chlorine with CYA (trichlor pucks). When I need just chlorine I use bleach (most of the time). And since I have fill water with high TA which pushes my pH up, I use muriatic acid to keep pH and TA in line. No other chemicals.

Pretty simple and really cheap. I like simple and cheap pool care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.