Nazareth, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
Anyone have an opinion on Brinkmann grills? They're being sold at my Home Depot and seem to be better than the cheaper basic brands, but maybe not quite as sturdy as the Weber. I'm looking for a middle of the road grill anyway, that will last at least a few years but only long enough till I can afford to build my dream outdoor kitchen.

Opinions based on experience appreciated.

I have a brinkman. This is it's 9th year. I bought it at Walmart though. We use ours year round, and the cover doesn't always get put back on, so a little rust here and there. I have replaced the burners and flavor bars once also. I am sure high end grills like Weber are better, but getting 9 years out of a $150 or so grill is pretty good in my opinion. I have to say that I am looking into replacing mine soon, but I am sure I can make it through the summer if I need to (that would be 10 years). If you only need it to last a couple of years, go for it. These appear to be better than the charbroils I have had in the past.

I did alot of research on bbqs while I was looking for one for my father. The brinkmann grills had the best reviews online and were recommended on several forums it was also the budget grill on consumer reports. The the grill also has a bottle opener on it which is something I really liked. My dad has had his for 3 years now and it still looks really good since he keeps it under a cover. One thing i read in the reviews and that we have not done to his is use a wire grill brush on it. So If you get one I would recommend not using a wire brush on it instead a non abrasive scrubber, sponge, or even paper towels work. I have personally been eying one of the natural gas models they have with a smoker, and rotisserie. It is a little pricey though and I am not sure about how well the smoker and rotisserie will work. But i know the four burner model with side burner works really good for the cost and it is the first grill i have seen where the auto ignition thing works really good.

Oh There is one negative I forgot to mention earlier, the plastic wheels on the grill have cracked so the grill does not roll. The fact that the wheels are plastic they obviously will not last forever and held up for a few years. We only move the grill a few feet everytime we use it so the use on the wheels has not been too bad. New ones from Brinkmann were a little pricey after the shipping so I am going to rig up some better wheels for him.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.