Quick help please

May 8, 2011
My friend just had his pool installed. They filled the water on Thursday and on Saturday the electrician came and wired it. Everything looked good water looked good so we added 8 bags of salt to his pool. It's 12500 gal inground vinyl liner.

Full Hayward system cartridge filter, t15 cell prolific panel. We set the salt to 10% to start and after 24 hours his salt is reading 3400ppm.

He woke up today an the pool is green. He planed on going to pool store today for stabilizer but what has caused this so suddenly??

Should he set salt generator to like 50%

If they weren't adding chlorine to the pool it was already in the first stages of a bloom before you ever installed the swcg. An swcg isn't designed to bring a pool from zero FC to proper operating FC. So it wasn't suddenly. It's been brewing since the water was installed, it just got bad enough to see.

Listen to Dave, we need a good set of test results to help you out.

p.s. Without any stabilizer there's no way the swcg could keep up even on 100%.

bosco0633 said:
Ok he is going to get water tested and chemicals today. I will post once I have some info. I didn't know that the water could go bad that quickly

Without stabilizer (CYA), it takes a few hours for the water to be devoid of chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.