Newbie-Pebble Tec Naturesoft Problem

Jun 18, 2011
Houston, TX
Great to find a site like this. Great info on here
I'm new to pool ownership and am having a problem. The system is a Pebble Tec Naturesoft and its reading low salt check cell. I had the water tested and it came back good with salt at 3000 ppm. Had the cell checked and it passed. The display is reading 2200 and chlorine production has stopped. Cleaned the cell a week prior to having it checked because I was having the same problem and cleaning it fixed the problem. Can't find a manual for this chlorine generator system anywhere. I've heard that you need to reset the system once you clean it but have no idea how. Would be nice to know what all of these setting should be and how to change them as needed.

Any help here would be great.
Its a nine year old system.

Welcome to TFP!

I believe that unit is a rebranded Hayward AquaRite.

Salt tests are typically +-400, so your readings aren't as far off as it might appear. Even the higher level, 2800, is a little on the low side, so you might as well add some salt and that will no doubt take care of things in the short run.

How old is the cell? A SWG cell normally lasts about three to five years. Indicating a lower than actual salt level is one of the signs of a cell that is getting old and may need to be replaced soon.

There is no such thing as recalibrating. You can set the running average salt level to the instantaneous salt level, but it then goes back to averaging and after 24 hours will be back to where it was before. Sometimes doing that gets it unstuck, so it is worth a try, but I wouldn't be too hopeful.

Use the diagnostic button to see what the instant salt level reading is. Sequential pushes of the small "diagnostic" button next to the LCD display will cause the Aqua Rite to display the following information: Water temperature , Cell voltage, Cell current, Desired Output %, Instant salinity, Product name, Software revision level. While instant salinity is displayed, and assuming it is 2500 or higher, switch to superchlorinate and then back to on. That will set the running average to the instant salt reading.

instant salt is at 2200 ppm as well. Don't get what's going on here. Store said cell passed but isn't reading salt level correctly. Going to try and clean the cell again tomorrow ans see what happens. PH is at 8.0. Stabilizer was at 0 so I added a gallon of instant. Thinking of adding a gallon of acid to bring the PH down as well. Its a 16k gallon pool.

One gallon of instant stabilizer/conditioner is only going to raise CYA by about 25. With a SWG you want CYA around 70 to 80. It is very difficult to lower CYA, so make sure you trust your CYA test results before raising CYA too much.

You certainly want to lower PH, but a gallon of acid is very likely way too much. The amount of acid you need to use depends on your other levels, which you haven't posted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.