Will this work?

amd250

Jun 18, 2011
Hello,

I have a 15x48 intex pool. I also have a 637 and 603 filter pump from them. From Craigslist I just got a 1hp Hayward pump for $20 an amazing deal.
Can I use this hayward pump and connect it to the two filter unplugged for this pool. Only use then as filters? Can I convert down the hoses from the pump to the filters?

I would go from the intake of the pool to the hayward pump then out of that to the input of the intex 603 then out of the 603 to the input of the 637 than out of it to the pool?

How this makes sense?

Tony

Welcome to TFP!

That won't work very well at all. The smaller filters used in those two pumps will not be able to handle the flow rate from the Hayward pump. The small filters will either break or just not filter very well because of the unexpectedly high flow rates.

As a general rule, you want the largest filter you have room for and can afford. Larger filters can go longer between cleanings and filter the water better. Typically a pool like that would have a small sand filter, but if you can afford it something larger would be really nice. You don't need to limit yourself to sand filter, but they do tend to be the least expensive.

You can get adapters that will allow you to use your existing pool fittings with the new equipment, or you can enlarge the holes and install new fittings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.