zero readings

Jun 4, 2010
So I opened my pool the same way I did last year. As of right now my water is crystal clear, smells like a pool, looks like a pool, feels like a pool etc. and has maintained this way for several days now. However when doing my testing I came across a scenario I have not before. My TC tested at 0. So I went and tested my CYA to see where I was at with that and this also tested at 0 several times(I could see the dot after filling up the whole vial clearly)

PH=7.5
TA=110

Both in the norm.

Is the simple solution just to put in some Stabilizer to raise my cya level which in turn would help retain chlorine levels?

Is the simple solution just to put in some Stabilizer to raise my cya level which in turn would help retain chlorine levels?
Yes, but get the FC in their first. Put in one large jug of Clorox this evening....you have been too long without sanitation. Then get your CYA in their (around 40-50ppm) and keep your FC at the suggested level in the chart found in Pool School.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.