Waste port leaking after replacing gasket...

Onslow

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2010
Kentucky
Well, after installing a rebuild/repair kit for my multi-port valve I'm still getting water running out of waste. The kit included a replacement spider gasket which was fused onto the diverter. I had hoped the gasket would prevent an earlier issue where water was coming out of waste but now it actually seems worse!

For now I have a rubber stopper in the waste port. This makes thing a pain though as I'm constantly removing and adding the backwash hose while I'm cleaning out the pool.

Help! Should I try to work more on the valve or look at some sort of plumbing solution? If plumbing, what would be the best approach? Thanks all again.

The partitions where the gasket seats in the valve. If there is a crack in the one that goes to waste it'll leak water through.

What happens if you hold pressure down on the handle while it's leaking? Does it stop leaking?

Onslow said:
The kit included a replacement spider gasket which was fused onto the diverter.
The gasket should not have been fused to the diverter. The gasket needs to be secured to the valve, and the diverter should move independently of the gasket.

Onslow,

The algae returning to your pool in your other thread seems directly related to this thread.

Keep you "story" in one place and it helps folks get a better picture of your problem and helps resolve it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.