Some Imput..

jck

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2010
Just put new liner in pool last week. Filled it up on Monday. had 0 CYA added 4 lbs of stablizer. Came up to about 20. Then the rain came an killed it I guess. Its at zero today. Just ordered some new test supplies mine are a year old an not sure if still good.

#
FC 2.5 = at am check added a gallon to get it back to 5
PH 7.5
TA 120
CH 110
CYA 0 = I think from test

whats my plan.. water looks good.. weather sucks at about 95-100 everyday. run filter the last 5 days 24-7 am cutting it back today to 10 hours.

With CYA that low, keeping FC at 3-4ppm should be fine. To get to 30ppm CYA in a 26K gal pool, you need about 6-7lbs stabilizer in total. Since you had some rain and you already added 4lbs, add another 3lbs and wait a week to test. Assume your CYA level is at 30ppm and shoot for an FC target of 4ppm.

Hope this helps :goodjob:

dmanb2b said:
With CYA that low, keeping FC at 3-4ppm should be fine. To get to 30ppm CYA in a 26K gal pool, you need about 6-7lbs stabilizer in total. Since you had some rain and you already added 4lbs, add another 3lbs and wait a week to test. Assume your CYA level is at 30ppm and shoot for an FC target of 4ppm.

Hope this helps :goodjob:

Thanks can you suggest a run time on the pump?

I run mine about 6hr/day. Given it sounds like you have a lot of heat and double the water volume, try the 10-12 hours and if the water is still sparkly you may attempt 8hrs/day :goodjob:

With almost 20K posts (yes.. Jason I'm watching), I'm thinking he missed the key :wink:

running it in the 8-12 range should be fine, just keep an eye on how polished the water looks. You are aiming for at least one turnover and if I conservatively estimate 45gal/min=2,700gal/hour=27,000/10hours

Your pump may get more gpm or less, hence the broad pump run time recommendation :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.