AquaPure 1400 showing high salinity and temperature

Jun 18, 2011
I'm having issues with my AquaPure 1400. Took the water to be tested yesterday because I hadn't tested it in awhile and he told me I had no chlorine but stabilizer was fine. Thought there was something going on with my salt cell. So I get home and check out the system and sure enough there were no indicator lights lit so no chlorine production. I turned everything off and took the salt cell off to inspect and there were a couple of deposits on a couple of the plates. Probably the size of the end of your pinky finger. I took a hose with a jet nozzle and rinsed everything and the majority of the deposits came off. I put everything back on and turned it on and the display gave me error codes 145 and 174. It was showing the salt level to be 4500 (water test showed it to be 3000 which is consistent with my last test a few weeks back). It was showing the water temp to be 108-111. Now it's hot in South Florida right now but not that hot. I let the system run for a bit and then shut it off. Turned it back on and then the salinity and water temp readings returned to "normal" and the cell showed it was producing chlorine. I checked it this morning and lo and behold, the same error codes are showing and once again it's showing high salt readings and 108 for temperature. I know both of these readings are wrong. Is my sensor bad? The board itself? This unit was installed in March 2010, shouldn't be going bad already should it?

Thanks.

I have an aquapure 1400 and had some similiar issures. This is my first year with the Jandy 1400 on my new (used) house. The low salt reading was always on (salt was 3000 ppm in pool) so cell light never lit and no chlorine. Unit did show flow and temp reading seemed ok. I cleaned the sensor with a green scotch pad, no change. So I did some tests using the troubleshooting guide (see link below) and my front board passed the first two of three tests (failed the third test which had to to with high temp). So I was at a loss on what to do.

I figured my sensor was probably bad as well as the front pcb board. So I went ahead and calibrated the salt sensor as per the guide. As soon as did this, my codes cleared and the cell turned on. Later I got other codes, but after cleaning the heavy calcium deposits from my cell, everything started working. I did re-calibrate the salt cell a number of times as it did not seem to stay in tune. After a couple of days it settled down and has been working for a month or so. The salt reading seems to swing between 2.6 and 3.4 for some reason, but it still produces chlorine and does not throw codes.

So I figure my flow/salt/temp sensor is probably on the way out as is my cell. But the re-calibrating has me running good for now. And a sensor for my old Jandy 1400 is close to $200 when you can buy a cell and sensor and cable for under $500, so I will probably go that route when my luck runs out.

Here is a link to the troubleshooting guied: http://www.pleasurepoolsno.com/wp-c...aPure and PureLink Troubleshooting Manual.pdf

Good Luck.

Charlie

Ok I blew it and listened to my pool tech. He told me I could not overload the salt so I put too much in. My reading is around 4500 so I'm getting the intermittent error 145. I read the above calibration section and I have fooled my system that the salinity is only 3500. The cell is now on and producing chlorine. I figure once the salinity goes down I can recalibrate. My question is, can I do any damage to my system with this workaround? I've already had a new cell $600 and a new tri-sensor $200. Thanks in advance. Martin

Some units are fine with high salt levels and some will burn the cell or transformer out due to high conductivity of the water. Jandy appears to be one of the units that will be damaged by high salt. Here's the quote from the owners manual.
High salt concentration above 4.0 gpl may damage the power center.
FYI 4.0 gpl = 4000 ppm.

Hi, im wondering if anyone can advise me on this. I have a brand new Jandy 1400 aquapure. I verifed the salt to read 3500 with test strips and at the store. But the unit was reading over 4000 and shut off with error 145. Also the temperature is 7deg higher than the pool which is currently 70.

I am using the tri-sensor adaptore and did calibrate it. I also tried it without the sensor, but I get the exact same results.
I cleaned off the contacts in the sensor with a fine abrasive pad. This unit is brand new 1 week old.
Is it normal for the temp to be hight on this unit? can someone advise me on their opinion. Thanks STeve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.