Pool Builder Recs?? Houston, TX area

Jul 29, 2009
Hi all - I am new to this forum but loving all the friendly advice so far. My husband and I are at the very beginning of this pool building journey. I am looking for PB recs in the Houston area..to be specific, we are South Katy with a Richmond address. I have done a bunch of research and here are some of the names we are looking at:

Quest Pools
Down Unda
A Bear
Mirage
Gulf Coast Pool Co
Precision
Fort Bend Custom Pools
Wet Pools
The Pool Guy
Hipp Pools
Best Backyard Pools
Sunset Pools

Any feedback on these builders? Or anyone that we are missing? I am looking to contact builders after the "busy" season...maybe September-ish??

Thanks for any feedback...a pool has always been a dream of mine and I am really looking forward to this journey.

contact ocean blue pools, ask for Baron. He is a great guy. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive, but a really good guy. PM me for the builder that you should NOT choose.

We are in the process of getting a pool also. We got a bid from precision and noticed that they use 10" centers on their steel instead of 8" like the others we talked too. Not sure how much difference that makes, but we decided to look elsewhere.

No help on those names, but I will suggest that you do not get coping made of rocks.

This pool has moss rock or something like that as the coping around most of the pool and the waterfall is made of it as well. The rocks are decaying, I find worn spots in the coping, little piles of sand below, and have had water leaks from that. The rocks are impossible to brush if they do get algae. It would have been much better to have had rocks only above the water line to get that look.

Hi, sorry to bring a thread back from the dead, but figured it was better to bump an old one. :)

My wife and I are building a new home in the Spring area (I-45 and Cypresswood) and were looking for pool builder recommendations. If you feel more comfortable PM'ing me company names, then that's cool too ;)

There are just so many companies and it's overwhelming to narrow the list down. I know what I need to ask, but would like to have a list of 10-12 and narrow it down to 2-3.

Thanks,

Aaron

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.