Quote for buried Intrigue

Jun 12, 2011
Michigan
I am getting a quote for a buried Intrigue. It is our first pool so I am a novice. In my sub the pool can not be more than 12" hgiher than the grade. I don't want to spring for a built in so I am looking at burying the Intrigue. I am a little nervous about it, but the builder is telling me he will do it to doughboy specs and that it will be fully warranted. I already have an email saying that. Here is the quote, he said he will provide me with a more detailed contract. Thoughts on the price and also burying a Doughboy in Michigan.

PACKAGE INCLUDES:

POOL: INTRIGUE
LINER: 20 MIL UD BLUE LINER (UPGRADE TO EXP: $150)
FILTER: DOUGHBOY SAND FILTER (UPGRADE TO DE FILTER: $150)
FILTER MEDIA: SAND OR DE
SKIMMER: DOUGHBOY DELUXE SKIMMER
LADDER: A-FRAME OR DECK
SOLAR COVER: 16 x 24
WINTER COVER: DISTRIBUTED IN THE FALL
MAINTAINENCE SUPPLIES: VAC HEAD, VAC HOSE, VAC POLE, TEST KIT, WALL BRUSH, THERMOMETER, SKIM NET, START UP CHEMICALS

TOTAL POOL PACKAGE: $4,300
INSTALL:

INSTALL 16 x 24: $1550
EXCAVATION: $1200 (DEEP END $200)
HAUL-OUT: 500-800
GRADE: INCLUDED
BACKFILL: CONCRETE SLURRY $1600
EXTRA PLUMBING:
HEATER INSTALL: INCLUDED
SKIMMERS & RETURN: INCLUDED
MAIN DRAIN: $150

TOTAL INSTALL: $4500 (WITHOUT HAUL-OUT OR DEEPEND)
$ 5200-5500 (WITH DEEP END AND HAUL-OUT)

ESTIMATED TOTAL: $8800-$9800 (without concrete or fencing)

EXTRAS:
CONCRETE 4’ 500 sq. ft. @$4.50/sq. ft. = $2250
FENCING $25 per foot x 130’ = $3250

I am in Northeast Pa. and I am now filling a 28ft. Doughboy with my 20,000 gal. of water. I have an extremely sloped back yard and the whole slope part of the pool is buried. If they do it by Doughboy specs. you are good. As far as pricing it is about on target with what I paid. Enjoy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.