Mineral Springs SWG 'NO FLOW' light solid

Jun 12, 2011
I have an Mineral Springs (MS10) SWG. We bought the house on foreclosure, and have been fixing stuff every week. The pool was not winterized completely, so we started by fixing all the leaks.

The 2 HP motor was shot so we ordered a new one - just installed it today successfully. It is 2 speed.

I have a solid no flow light on after several attempts to fix it. My flow sensor was weed wacked, so I tried to splice and fix the wire, this did not work and the light was still on, so I figured it was a bad sensor. I replaced the flow sensor - and the light is still on.

I cleaned the cell with acid - light is still on.

We just bought this home on foreclosure, and they did not exactly take care of the system. So we are dealing with issues as they arise. I really hope I do not need to replace the cell.

Can I try anything else to fix this issue? I called the service place near us and they want 55 to come out and 90 an hour to check out the issue. Seems like a lot.

We have never owned a pool before, and have not added salt or anything yet to the pool. Are there certain steps we need to go through to get this system up and running correctly? Right now I have it on OFF not auto and it reads no flow with motor on high.

-Kelly

UPDATE
i think i found the culprit. the actual J6 telephone jack input on the motherboard looks corroded and severed, see pics. I guess i need to figure out how to get the board out, because the wires seem to be soldered or tightened on, and replace that jack connection. anyone know where i can buy this part?

i found this site: http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts-kws/rj ... -3-2mm-pcb

any other these fit?

Attachments

• 2011-06-17 16.11.06.jpg
    2011-06-17 16.11.06.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 2011-06-17 16.23.11.jpg
    2011-06-17 16.23.11.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 2011-06-17 16.11.22.jpg
    2011-06-17 16.11.22.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 58
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.