Solar Heat problem

Jun 17, 2011
I live on Long Island, NY. Last June 2010 I had a Heliocol H50 system installed by a certified Heliocol dealer for my in ground pool. They installed it on the section of roof that is concave V shape. This past April 2011 the panels were cracked and gnawed (we are assuming squirrels trying to get the acorns caught in the V), rendering the system useless. The installer said he would reconfigure/ resize the collectors for a cost to me of $650 (originally he wanted $950) so the problem won't happen again. I feel the installation was done improperly and I am still under warranty. Any thoughts or suggestions? I am now in the process of taking legal action via small claims court.
I am also looking for a copy of their installation manual with no luck anywhere....even manufacturer won't release it to me unless I am a distributor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.