Plaster pool - what numbers should I try for?

May 27, 2011
S.E. Mass.
Thankyou everyone for all your help.
Please help me with the correct numbers to try for with my gunite pool. It is an old pool but it's in great shape. A few years ago we had a new quartz finish put on, it's holding up well and I really want to take care of it as good as I can.
I also got the TF-100 test kit and really appreciate it's accuracy.
Today my readings are;
Temp.............................72
TA.................................100
PH..................................7.6
CH..................................200
CHL.................................3.0
CC...................................0.0
TC....................................3.0
CYA..................................30+

I am using BBB method and like it except all the lugging..ha

What do you suggest for the proper readings for a 20,000 gal plaster pool ?
Wishing you well,
Paul

dmanb2b,
Thankyou for your guiding me to that chart again. I am comfortable with all those readings except TA...?
I have been told many different levels for my Total Alkalinity over the years mostly around 125.
The company who did the quartz finish said..... TA....130-150, CYA.....90-100, CH....220! !!

I feel I have had very poor advice over the years that's why I am asking for the correct levels to aim for.

The Pool School Chart says to keep a plaster pool at, TA.....70-90, CYA.....30-50, CH.....250-350, using bleach.

So, you see my confusion @ the TA advice I have had. (90) sounds good to me if you say so...

Thanks again,
Paul

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.