CUlator...ready to test..

Update...new bag has been in for over a month now. It was turning slightly brown again.

Now here's the weird thing - my white fiberglass stairs were turning brown / yellow again. I did an Ascorbic Acid treament and sure enough, the stairs are brilliant white again, so I'm assuming I have metals in the water. I have the Duoclear system and ran that stupid mineral cartridge for four seasons before I found TFP and yanked it out. I'm assuming I have copper in the water because of that mineral cartridge.

Anyway after doing the AA treatment, I had a look at the CUlator bag and it had a definite blue tint to it, which would indicate copper. Not a deep blue, but light and definitely I could see it. However I also added a sequestrant to the pool, which is blue coloured. I wish I had checked the bag before I added the sequestrant, so I could know for sure if it turned blue after doing the AA treatment.

The bag definitely had a blue tint to it. I threw it out. If the stains return to my stairs I plan to throw a new bag in then do the ascorbic acid treatment and see if the bag changes colour again.

Hi, any updates on this product? Did 2 AA treatments and slacked off on sequestering so my staining is back.
10yrs of owning this pool and this is the first time I've had to deal with stains (no idea where they came from). Neighbors have pools too but no staining ever.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.