Question about Intex SWG and water level in unit

Jun 9, 2011
I have the Intex SWG new model and the water level in the oval chamber is only 3/4 of the way full. If i pick up the unit the air will leave but within minutes it fills with air again. Is this how the other units look?

Another question about the removal of the copper ionization piece. I have read reports were people say they remove the copper and or just unplug it. You can't do that I unplugged it and water leaks out of it where it was plugged in, and you can't remove the copper either because it leaves a big hole in it. What I ended up doing was using one of the Intex plugs under the cap with the wire unplugged, but the copper is still in the unit as I didn't have anything to plug up the hole if you remove the copper. How has this been done?

I have attached a picture of the oval unit so you can see what I mean, does your not fill this entire chamber?

Attachments

• Intex.JPG
    Intex.JPG
    357.3 KB · Views: 131
slowgin said:
I have the Intex SWG new model and the water level in the oval chamber is only 3/4 of the way full. If i pick up the unit the air will leave but within minutes it fills with air again. Is this how the other units look?

No. The SWG chamber/tube should be full and no or very little bubbles. If it's not, you're not getting enough water flow. I'm surprised the low flow alarm is not on.

slowgin said:
What I ended up doing was using one of the Intex plugs under the cap with the wire unplugged, but the copper is still in the unit as I didn't have anything to plug up the hole if you remove the copper. How has this been done?

That's fine. It won't hurt anything if the copper plates are still in there.

Well, I have a litte problem..my water has too much copper in it and my liner is stained with patches of green. The water is crystal clear and looks great, except for those areas. I was thinking to remove those copper anodes or maybe not running the swg every day...is that a good idea? My pool has about 5000 gallons of water in it and I have it set for 2 hours a day. That's what the manual said to set it at. What would be the best thing to do?

Thanks!!!

Removing the bars is a smart thing.

The only way to remove the copper is to replace the water. You can use sequestrant but if you do that you'll have to maintain a level until you replace enough of the water to get the copper level low enough to stop the staining.

Don't set the swg run time in some set amount of time. Run it based on test results.

Thank you so much for the advice..How do I clean the liner safely when I drain the pool? I'd like to get rid of those stains before I refill it. And when I do...either take those copper anodes out - or just run the swg a couple times a week? Thanks again for the help. :wave:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes I've heard about disconnecting them and I've also read about the benefits, but the threads I've read don't seem to answer the question of how to close the hole on top of the tubing when those copper anodes are removed where the plug goes into it. Maybe I missed that particular thread. Any ideas anyone on how to close up that opening? Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.