Autopilot Dig 220 SC-48

Jun 16, 2011
I have had the Dig 220 for 2 1/2 years with no problems except re-setting the tri-sensor cord occasinally to clear errors. Now the unit does not cycle on (always off). There are no errors just does not cycle on. Have tried everything, fuses are good, cell and tri-sensor and stainer clean, water chemistry good salt 3,000 ppm, cy 60, ph 7.6, chlorine 2 but have been adding manually since unit not producing. Have checked the programming. The one thing I notice is when I run the test I get 0 volts 5 amps. Any help with this?

Press the PUMP button and tell me what the display shows.
If it says REMOTE RUNS PUMP, it somehow got reprogrammed to activate when it gets a signal from an internal control system. It disregards the % setting on the display.
If this is what it shows, go into the INSTALLER MENU, scroll down to SET RELAY. It should be set to EXTERNAL TIMER, ONE SPEED, or TWO SPEED.

My controller has reset it's self to french language. The error light is blinking but I cannot get into the installer menu to change the language so I can figure out what is going on. When I press menu and scroll to the installer menu and hold select it keeps going to the maintenance menu. The strange thing is it always shows external timer on top. It had reset it's self last summer to a different setting but was fixed and has worked properly until now. Is there a way to reset this to default settings which should be english or totally reboot.

I just successfully my second tri-flow sensor and I thought I would share my experience with AutoPilot Sanitizing System.

I renovated my pool in December 2000 and my unit was installed at that time. It had an analog power supply and an RC 15 cell. There were anumber of problems with the power supply compounded with a pool leak problem. Around 2005 Auto-pilot offered an exchange program for a digital unit, DIG-220. I took the deal and the local rep did not have much tech support so I installed it myself. Plus I'm cheap. That went well because it was plug compatible.

Subsequently I replaced the cell with an SC 60.

Some time after that the tri-flo sensor failed; it always indicated low flow but I knew the flow was fine. I had seen a good deal for a complete system so I used that sensor as a replacement.

In September, 2012 the unit died. There was power to the terminals and all the fuses were ok. But no output I found Salt Solutions (https://www.saltsolutionsinc.com/repair-products) offered a repair service. This was kind of scary because I had to uninstall and reinstall the unit plus I didn't know if the repair would work. It did!

Recently the trisensor failed again. I called Auto Pilot for the sensor. They recommended that I buy it from a dealer. I found SaltPoolGuys http://www.saltpoolguys.com/; their price was less than half the AutoPilot list price. I ordered it on Monday and got it on Tuesday.

I hope you found this useful.

Frank

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.