How to open IG pool w/ Caretaker system ? Help

Jun 16, 2011
Hi,

Subject say's it all...
Unfortunately I lost my dad end of last year and he went with all the pool secrets...so to speak.
I did help him close it and open it several times, but only partial here and there. I truly need help...lol

The pool has the caretaker system with a 5 port valve(right now the lines are filled with antifreeze and port base covered up) and I believe two or three nozzles are taken out and holes plugged. There is a gizmo in the skimmer.
The filter housing is apart and I have the filter(looks like a large group of white panels) in the cabana with the
pump and skimmer baskets, along with...i think small plugs.

If someone could possibly expain the opening procedure or send me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Tony

Hi Tony, bumping this thread for you.

Sounds to me like you have a DE filter.

The best thing you can do right now is take and post lots of pics, pics of each piece of equipment and the various parts, so that we can help you identify everything. Upload them to Photobucket.com and copy and paste the IMG code to each picture, paste them here on your thread and the pics will appear. Then we can help you figure things out.

Sorry about your loss. :( But brighter days ahead for you I hope - especially if we can help you get this up and running.

I have the pool up and running, but do have questions about the positioning on one of the valves.
When I return from work today I'll upload pictures of whats going on and where I stand.

Thank You !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.