Heat Pumps-Pentair ThermalFlo HP 1200 or Aquacal AT155

soivos

Aug 19, 2007
Hi
Our PB was using the Auacal AT155 heat pump and that's what we have specified on the contract.
We were just told us that they will be using the Pentair ThermalFlo HP 1200 starting next year and we can choose either one.
Are there any advantages w/ either one?
Which one would you choose and why?
Thanks in advance

sovios,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner.
The Pentair site shows that this heat pump is an R410A refrigerant system, which is eventually going to be the refrigerant mandated for Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps (by 2010). I'm sure the Pentair unit is fine, but being the first model run of the new refrigerant, there's bound to be bugs and kinks to work out.

As I represent Aqua Cal, of course I would "encourage" you to go with your first choice, Aqua Cal AeroTemp!
The specs are about the same (Aqua Cal offers a little more BTUs: 129K vs 124K). However, if I'm reading this correctly, the COP (Coefficiency of Performance) is seriously advantageous for Aqua Cal (6.0 vs 4.2).. http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/thermalfloDS.pdf

Oddly, in speaking with my Director of Engineering, he's getting significantly greater BTUs and COP from our prototype R410A models... I'm just sayin.... 8)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.