Jacksonville, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
We had a storm early this morning and one of my palm trees blew into the pool. Yes the whole pot including the dirt was in the pool :( I had no time to do anything except recue the plant. I had the wife put in 2 gals of bleach so far. I will not be able to do anything till this afternoon, so I am asking for some step by step directions in cleaning up my pool. All thoughts are welcomed :cheers: :cheers:

Re: Help, Post Storm Clean Up, step by step instructions nee

It is fairly straightforward, get everything out of the pool anyway you can and keep the FC level higher than normal until things return to normal.

You should be able to get a fair bit of it out with a leaf rake. Anything the leaf rake won't pick up you can vacuum up. You will probably need to stop vacuuming ever so often and backwash/clean the filter.

How high would you suggest?. I normally keep my FC at 10

You could also try vacuuming on waste, and bypass all that junk getting into your filter, thus not having to backwash.

rcy said:
You could also try vacuuming on waste, and bypass all that junk getting into your filter, thus not having to backwash.
Good idea but I do not have a vaccum. Maybe my shop vac will work :?:

rcy said:
How do you clean your pool without a vacuum?
Our pool does not get dirty. We have a screened enclosure :-D :cheers: :cheers:

Nice!! :-D

A hose and vacuum head probably won't break the bank if you have a lot of debris in the pool from the planter. Otherwise I don't know how you'll get the soil off the bottom??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

rcy said:
Nice!! :-D

A hose and vacuum head probably won't break the bank if you have a lot of debris in the pool from the planter. Otherwise I don't know how you'll get the soil off the bottom??
Actually I have a polaris 280 that I used once and then put it back in the box. I guess this will work :?:

Probably. You'll just have to use a pole or something to keep pushing it around to where you want it. I think that thing has it's own filter bag, right? You might not have to vacuum on waste if it does.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.