Ultrabright

Ultra Bright worked very well for me. My pool had red clay dirt in the water after installation and after holding 3 nights on the overnight chlorine loss test, I used it and my pool went from barely seeing the vacuum head on the bottom to perfectly clear in one day. The skimmer sock was barely catching any of the dust before I started to turning the sock completely clay red and having to cleaning it 3 times on that day. I used 2 doses, but I think I should have waited 24 hours to see if I needed the second dose.

With that said, on Monday I added 1 ½ lbs of CYA through pantyhose in the skimmer and I haven’t registered any increase yet. I don’t know why.

Voodoo_Pool said:
You may find this link of interest: anyone-know-what-s-in-leslie-s-ultra-bright-t24670.html

I don't think Ultrabright is necessary, although I was given a bottle of the stuff. Pool store recommended 'maintenance' doses...but then again I stopped listening to their advice a long time ago. :blah: And so the bottle of Ultrabright sits on the bottom shelf.

When I was "Pool Stored" last year (First year pool owner) I had bought a bottle on their advice. I used it once and it worked pretty well, but then again I was putting in whatever they told me to put in. BBB method all the way now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.