Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Convert gray Jandy valve to Neverlube?

1. Back To Top    #1

Convert gray Jandy valve to Neverlube?

I was looking at a parts list for the Jandy Neverlube valves and noticed that the part number for the housing was the same as for the gray valves (non-Neverlube). Is it possible to convert a non-Neverlube gray Jandy valve into a Neverlube by just swapping out the guts of the valve with those from a Neverlube valve? Given that the price of the parts is more than the valve, it seems I could just buy the complete valve ($50 each approx), and then swap the guts with my old gray valves and convert them all to Neverlubes. Is this a good idea? My existing valves aren't giving me any trouble but they are very old (15+ years).

Also, what do I need to paint the bare plastic with to protect it from UV? I saw the plumber spray some adhesion promoter first, followed by what looked to be plain old spray enamel paint from the auto parts store. He said what he was using met pool code though, so I believe whatever he used was ok.
    15k IG gunite w/attached spa, Pentair VS-3050 pump, PacFab Mytilus 150 cartridge filter, The PoolCleaner 2X suction cleaner, Liquidator still in box in garage

2. Back To Top    #2
    I finally got around to installing the guts from a couple Jandy Never Lube valves (bought on Ebay) into my existing gray Jandy valves. They work perfectly.
    15k IG gunite w/attached spa, Pentair VS-3050 pump, PacFab Mytilus 150 cartridge filter, The PoolCleaner 2X suction cleaner, Liquidator still in box in garage

3. Back To Top    #3
    Did you ever get an answer on the paint?
    20x40 24,000 gal IG plaster/CircuPool RJ45 SWG/2 skimmer/2sp 2.5hp Jandy Stealth/340sq ft cart filter/600sqftHeliocol Solar Panels/6ft semi circlr tanning ledge/25ft deep end bench/5ft sheer descent/2 lion head water features/1300sqft travertine paver/2 Colorlogic lights/Hayward Navigator/3step 2ft raised bond beam

4. Back To Top    #4

Try this thread UV Degradation of PVC piping

Titanium
    24,000 gallon inground freeform pool/spa circa 1983 (113 ft perimeter, 625 sq ft) with 350 gallon attached spill-over spa
    2007 2 HP, three-phase Hayward TriStar pump which is powered by an Ikeric VS-200 variable speed drive system
    1983 Laars XE Pool/Spa Heater Type ES 400,000 BTU, 1998 Hayward Super Star-Clear C-4000 cartridge filter (400 sq ft, 4 separate cartridges)
    1998 Polaris 380 pressure-side cleaner w/ 3/4 HP booster pump
    One skimmer :( and one PoolSkim :), One Supervision Galaxy LED pool lamp, Second story solar panels
    Hayward/GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 (replaced 1983 vintage dual circuit Intermatic timer)

5. Back To Top    #5
    If you have the old valves with the grease cup it is better and only a few bucks cheaper to buy the diverter kit as it comes with the red plug to eliminate the grease cup which is a good source of air intake. As you already made your purchase, you might want to be aware of this.
    Authorized IntelliFlo Installer