Platte City, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Well first let me thank you for such a well constructed forum, with tons of information and resources related to pools.

I know there have been many questions addressed regarding green-to-blue pools, however I have yet to find one that ties in automatic pool cleaners (I’m sure there is a post…I just didn’t look hard enough).

Therefore, my question is would utilizing my Polaris expedite the cleaning process by putting the sediment into solution allowing the filter to do its job?

Chemical numbers are listed below. Thanks, I appreciate any insight.

-Eric

Temp: 80
Saturation Index: -0.2
TDS: 1000
CYA: 10
Tot. Chlorine: 10
Free Chlorine: 10
pH: 7.5
Tot. Alkalinity: 120
Adj. Total Alk: 117
Tot. Hardness: 110

Eric

Running the Polaris for a few hours each day can actually speed up the overall process. The Polaris can sweep the bottom and expose any live algae to the chlorine rich water. Removing any leaves or debris can also expedite the cleanup process. In addition to running the cleaner, also brush the sides, around the light, and around the step(s).

The down side is that it may be difficult to notice daily progress when the water is constantly churned.

PSG

Thanks all – I could’ve ran Polaris and filter day and night and it wouldn’t help. I reviewed other posts and realized the problem was with the filter. I just purchased this house, and I’m scratching my head as to how the previous owners were able to keep the pool clean with the numerous holes (approximately 30+) and broken internal plastic (not sure what they’re called…grids, ribs, fingers). Well, after a spool of thread and three sticks of hot glue...the pool is clear. The method is definitely effective (probably degrades the efficiency, as the hot glue takes up the surface area the DE media could attach too). I think I will limp through the season this year and order new fingers next year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.