Which direction to replace handle?

Onslow

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2010
Kentucky
This question may be a stretch but...

I received a repair kit for my Jacuzzi multiport and have finished replacing the diverter/spider gasket assembly among other things. I had to put the housing assembly back together to push the center stem of the diverter high enough to reattach the handle (secured by a roll pin) up because of the spring's pressure.

One problem. The handle can go on one of two directions.

Underneath inside the center of the handle there is a little notch that apparently pushes on the diverter stem.

The diverter stem also has it's own notch on one side. On the other is a diagonal taper.

My question: Should both those notches make contact with each other of should the notch inside the handle face the diagonal side of the diverter stem?

I had the same problem and thought I had it on right until I put sand back in the pool. lol :hammer: Good luck

In one direction I can put the roll pin in one way without trouble. This makes me wonder because usually there is upward pressure on the handle and in this case it was still loose. The other way (where both the inside notches are against each other) makes it very difficult if not impossible to put the roll pin back in so I may have no choice but to at least try it the first way.

Be ready to cut it off right quick if you have it wrong. If you have it right, go grab a lottery ticket :lol:

It goes on easiest when the tabs (notches is probably not the right word) are on the different sides. I, for now, will take that to mean they are not to interfere with each other during assembly.

Guess I better get that lottery ticket. After a year of prepping, researching a gazillion posts on this forum, and a sizable investment rebuilding filter and buying this-and-thats, tonight the system is up and running! Lots of misadventures along the way (especially today) with water mishaps but I've now been able to go through a few backwashes (while testing ratty vacuum head) and pressure is at 15 psi when running. Good deal!

Congratulations, Onslow.

Once that pool is clear, I want to see some pictures with your sister-in-law Rose in it.

You know, two years ago, while vacationing in England, I actually stopped by the Bucket Residence and Onslow's council house.[attachment=0:nkgmros8]onslowshouse.jpg[/attachment:nkgmros8]

Attachments

• onslowshouse.jpg
    onslowshouse.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 82

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So Onslow and Daisy's house is for sale? Thought it was public housing but maybe they do it different there.

Incidentally I contacted the company looking for the hat he wears (a road paving company apparently). I received the following response a week or so later. I know our money is not the same but it was too rich for my wallet.

Hi,
Yes we can supply a cap.
Please send $50US Cheque or money order to

Fulton Hogan
11 Main Road
Fairfield
Dunedin 9054
New Zealand

We will dispatch on receipt of payment, with full address .
Regards Dave

Fulton Hogan is a dynamic, diversified contracting company active in New Zealand, Australia and the Pacific Basin. Constituent divisions represent a broad range of products and services in the roading, quarrying and civil construction sector, and hold strong positions in their respective markets. http://www.fultonhogan.com

Get on the Road to Success. For career opportunities within Fulton Hogan navigate to http://www.fultonhogancareers.com

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.