Problens with Firefox and this forum

G

I am having a problem ONLY in this forum when I use firefox. When I click the submit button to post something my computer reboots! This does not happen in any other forum I use (including other phpBB based forums) nor does it happen with IE 6 (which I am using right now :shock: ) . Anyone got any ideas? The problem went away after the original host upgraded but after the move to the new host it's come back in a big way! I am running win2k SP4 on this box and just upgraded to the newest version of Sun Java.

I'm running Firefox 1.5.0.11 on Windows 2K SP4 machine with only one hitch. Sometimes the submit button doesn't do anything but reload the page I'm on. Java 1.4.2_06.

I'm having a problem logging in using Internet Explorer. The screen shows I'm logged in but I can't post, reply or view posts since last visit until I log in again and then the system shows no new posts.

I have Firefox 2.0.0.3 and the only trouble (after the moves got sorted out) was an odd glitch with the spell checker the first day it was installed. During the moves, I had to log in every time, though that may have been because I was using the wrong link... I ma not having any trouble now.

maxsrents said:
I'm having a problem logging in using Internet Explorer. The screen shows I'm logged in but I can't post, reply or view posts since last visit until I log in again and then the system shows no new posts.
Try clearing your cache. It might solve the problem.

waterbear said:
maxsrents said:
Try clearing your cache. It might solve the problem.
And delete any cookies that are named troublefreepool or troublefreepools. For some reason the new board is not removing the old cookies.
Steve

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have been using firefox since it was beta also and this is the first problem I have had. Don't have the problem in IE, Opera, or netscape. I have cleared out all the troblefreepool cookies and it seems to be working now. Only time will tell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.