Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Problens with Firefox and this forum

1. Back To Top    #1

Problens with Firefox and this forum

I am having a problem ONLY in this forum when I use firefox. When I click the submit button to post something my computer reboots! This does not happen in any other forum I use (including other phpBB based forums) nor does it happen with IE 6 (which I am using right now ) . Anyone got any ideas? The problem went away after the original host upgraded but after the move to the new host it's come back in a big way! I am running win2k SP4 on this box and just upgraded to the newest version of Sun Java.

2. Back To Top    #2
    I'm running Firefox 1.5.0.11 on Windows 2K SP4 machine with only one hitch. Sometimes the submit button doesn't do anything but reload the page I'm on. Java 1.4.2_06.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm having a problem logging in using Internet Explorer. The screen shows I'm logged in but I can't post, reply or view posts since last visit until I log in again and then the system shows no new posts.
    Carolyn

22X44 freeform gunite with DE filter (44,500 gallons), 4 deck jets

4. Back To Top    #4
    I have Firefox 2.0.0.3 and the only trouble (after the moves got sorted out) was an odd glitch with the spell checker the first day it was installed. During the moves, I had to log in every time, though that may have been because I was using the wrong link... I ma not having any trouble now.

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by maxsrents
    I'm having a problem logging in using Internet Explorer. The screen shows I'm logged in but I can't post, reply or view posts since last visit until I log in again and then the system shows no new posts.
    Try clearing your cache. It might solve the problem.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by waterbear
    Try clearing your cache. It might solve the problem.
    And delete any cookies that are named troublefreepool or troublefreepools. For some reason the new board is not removing the old cookies.
    Steve
    Echo Canyon II by Artesian Pools, 13.5 KGal AG Round, 22" Artesian Sand Filter 2 hp Artesian pump
    Med Lab Tech for 12 years in E.TN
    Chem testing by Trouble Free Test Kits

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks, the problem has been solved!
    Carolyn

8. Back To Top    #8

Oops...it happened again. How do I clear the cache?
    Carolyn

9. Back To Top    #9

Oops...it happened again. How do I clear the cache?
    If IE....Tools...Internet options and then click clear cache...
    Steve
    Echo Canyon II by Artesian Pools, 13.5 KGal AG Round, 22" Artesian Sand Filter 2 hp Artesian pump

10. Back To Top    #10

I use Firefox ... no problems at all. I have my browser set to remove cookies everytime I close Firefox.
    42,525 gallon IG gunite pool with DE filter and spill-over hot tub.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa
    I use Firefox ... no problems at all. I have my browser set to remove cookies everytime I close Firefox.
    I do the same Waterbear...I have been using Firefox since beta...Had to be pried away from Netscape to IE.
    Steve

12. Back To Top    #12
    I have been using firefox since it was beta also and this is the first problem I have had. Don't have the problem in IE, Opera, or netscape. I have cleared out all the troblefreepool cookies and it seems to be working now. Only time will tell.

13. Back To Top    #13
    The problem retured and I had to delete all troblefreepool cookies again and clean the cache again to solve it.