Water level at closing

G

Thanks to all the wonderful help on this forum I was able to close my pool for the first time without any trouble. :-D
Now, as I usually do with important projects, am second guessing myself. I lowered the water level as suggested and I am now worried about the water table. I live near Rehoboth Beach DE. and last year I paid the "Pros" to close my pool and they did not lower the water level. I read in this forum that some people do not lower the water level because of the water table and was wondering how much damage I may cause to my pool. :(
I do not know if I have a high water table or not. When they installed my pool they told me that if they hit water there would be an extra cost (which makes me think that the table is high) but they did not hit water when installing.
I hope I am not going on and on but I really don't know how to determine if I should add water to the pool or let it go as is.
I hope you can make sense out of all this and will be able to offer some advice.
If needed my pool size is about 28,000 gallons 4 foot to 8 foot in depth. I have a mesh safety cover.
Any help will be most welcome, I don't want to spend the winter worrying about what my pool will look like in the spring when I go to open it. Filth and algae I can deal with but a damaged liner will mean $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Hi Beachbob,

How low did you drain the pool? I usually lower mine just below the skimmer so I can blow everything out easier. Now with the mesh cover, your pool will fill with rain and snow melt. That is what I have and I let the pool fill up to just above the skimmer. This way the snow does not drop the cover too far.

If you went below the returns, you may still be ok. Again the mesh cover will allow the pool to fill with rain.

Joe

Water table

Joe
Thanks for the idea. I didn't think of contacting local Gov, good idea. I will check with them for help or at least they may direct me to someone who can help.
I'm new to all this and I guess I worry a little too much.
Thanks again.
Bob

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.