Three way valve question

Jan 18, 2011
I have a Hayward three opening (four way??) valve that connects the skimmer, main drain and filter pump. I can get all main or half and half. The pool installer says I should be able to get all skimmer, but I don't think I can with it installed as shown in the photo - skimmer in left side, main in from bottom, right side to pump.

Any support or explanation will be appreciated.

Dennis

BTW - I love the pool calculator and the help on this site. :goodjob:

Attachments

• Photo0011.jpg
    Photo0011.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 47
That kind of valve should be plumbed with the two inlets coming out on either side horizontally and the output going down. The way it is now it is either main drain only, both skimmer and main drain, or off.

JasonLion said:
That kind of valve should be plumbed with the two inlets coming out on either side horizontally and the output going down. The way it is now it is either main drain only, both skimmer and main drain, or off.

Thank you JasonLion :-D

I have been telling the installer that for 2 weeks, but they don't seem to understand :hammer: Before starting this thread I made an appointment to meet the owner and suggested she have a valve pulled from stock to use for clarification/education.

It could be a wet job to remove the valve and install it correctly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.