Above Ground Pool Losing Water

TinaU2

Jul 16, 2010
Southeastern, CT
Hi all, my pool is losing a couple of inches of water per day! I just opened it last week. After taking off the cover I did notice the water level was extremely low.

I don't see any water anywhere so I suspect it's leaking out on the floor of the pool and directly going into the ground.

I'm so bummed. I'm not even certain of next steps.

I have zero experience with this so before I get the pool company over here I thought I'd check in to see what my alternatives would be if any.

I'm not certain how old the liner is either, my house is a rental however, I rent from relatives so I can find out the age.

Thanks!

How far down was the water when you opened? Looking around the pool about that level would be a good place to start. If it was about the level of the skimmer or return I'd look at those too. Otherwise look closely around the wall for a damp spot.

OK....how does that work? I have ZERO experience. How do I even find the leak?
please note the pool is not crystal clear, it was on its way but I stopped running the filter because of the daily water loss. How in the heck do I find the leak? The water is now approx 1 inch below the skimmer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.