bath tub water

Jun 1, 2011
central Illinois
I have been looking at this site for a couple of weeks now and am highly impressed with the knowledge and willingness to help that I have seen. My problem is my pool looks like it has bath water in it. Bubbles everywhere, almost a foam. My daughter has been using Synergy to get us going and we were needing to shock the pool because it was still not clear. So I shocked it with bleach. She then also put in Synergy Clear, which the bottle says is sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione, 58.2%. That is what I think the bottle says. It is a reaction between the two chemicals and is there anything special I need to do? The pool is a fiberglass inground which holds 10,000 gallons. Thank you very much for any advice. I tried posting pictures but they are too big it says.

The very first thing that would help is a full set of test numbers.

The Synergy Clear you used is DiChlor, which adds CYA. It is a source of chlorine, so there won't be any effects with it and the liquid chlorine.

Was there ever any algaecide added to the water? That can foam.

Also, a lot of lotions leave a scummy film that can get foamy. Last year at a hotel, besides the murky water, I saw a pile of foam that looked like a foot of meringue in the corner of the spa. I didn't get in that pool at all...

And finally, was the pool green? Like, thick enough to walk on? Dead and dying algae can bubble up to the surface.

I encourage you to browse this site a bit. It shouldn'ttake long for you to realize that your own test kit is the key to clear water. Hint, hint.
:testkit:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
To me the pool looks green, and adding the DiChlor would cause the bubbles for sure. It appears from what little I can tell you need to go through the shock process, and for that you are going to need the FAS chlorine test included in the better kits.

hughscpa said:
No algaecide, nobody has been in the pool so no lotions. The pool was green when we opened it, very green. It is better today. I am hoping to get the test kit for Father's Day. Been hinting to the kids on a regular basis.
Hint a little harder, and add a speedstir to the wish list.

A test kit actually sounds like the ideal Father's Day gift....a toy for dad to play with, but the real beneficiary is the kids who swim in the pool.

HAHA! Richard I couldn't have said it better myself! :) If nothing else, when dad gets home from work it gives him AN EXCUSE to go out to the pool every day with a beer. The pool needs to be checked every afternoon! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.