Thanks City of Houston

merl

Mar 8, 2011
So, if you call before you put in a pool and request a new water meter, have it installed by a city approved contractor, have it inspected and pay for a permit, the City will not charge you for sewage.
I did not
Current Charges
WATER CHARGE 308.29
SEWER CHARGE 316.58

Total Amount Due

Did you request a waiver of the sewer charge because you were filling a pool? Some places (and people) will allow you to do that one time even without a separate meter.

I wouldn't complain to much. I bet it'd cost more than $300 to install a new meter and get a permit so you may be better off the way it is.

If you have an irrigation system, it is worth it. I save a ton on my bills because there's no sewer charge for my water used for the pool and irrigation. It isn't uncommon for me to use 25,000 gallons on the yard and pool, last year when I had a pool leak and was watering 3 days a week I could use 45,000 gallons and my water bill was only around $200.

This is exactly why I put in a separate "irrigation" meter. They just finished installing it this week. $140 bucks and for what they had to do to get it put in it was a steal. They had to bore across the street, and hand dig the trenching b/c the gas line was very close to where they sited the new meter to be. 6 guys all day long, plus a bunch of equipment.

AggieTexan said:
We're in Houston...we got a letter from the city last summer that they had discontinued the break on your bill for filling a pool. I don't know how the new meter would come into play though...does it actually separate out water from sewer?

It is all the same water, just one meter doesn't get billed for sewer. It can make a drastic difference if you use a lot of water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.