looking for a builder in south florida and question

checho

Jun 7, 2011
well thats pretty much it, looking to build a new pool, pretty much a basic pool , maybe a water fall or something
but not really with a lot of extras, have talk to to builders so far, one was a really nice guy , lots of information very nice brochure, has not given me a quote yet, he has to go back to office and do it on the computer....company has been in business since 1966

other company has good reviews been in business since 1954, sales person that came to the house was the son of the owner but was not that good as the other guy and his knowledge was a lot of i will get back to you on that etc etc ....

ok questions i have, second guy said is pretty much standard to build 3ft to 5ft.......if i want 6 feet is extra ...my neighbor works cleaning pools( just started has no one to recommend) he said he would get me equipment at cost ( filter ,pump) second guy said thats ok .....first guy said the sell a package i cant do that

72 lineal ft pool? is that like a 26 x13 pool or is it a 30x15?

first guy said i have to go with a 2 speed pump even though is more money up front they are ecofriendly and that they r only company to do that and also do ( i will insert pic)

any help is really appreciated thanks....and the quote is from second company...they will do a drawin of some type and show it to me next week

Attachments

• img047.jpg
    img047.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 79
  • img046.jpg
    img046.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 78
A two speed pump will save you a significant amount of money on electricity in the long run.

Linear feet is essentially length*width*2. 26x13 would be about 78 linear feet, while 30x15 would be about 90 linear feet. Curves change this a little, generally resulting in lower linear feet numbers, but this is a good starting point for estimating.

The most important thing is to get references and to check them. An inferior pool put in by a top installer will be a better experience than a fancy pool put in by an inferior installer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.