Install in-line chlorinator with SWG to supplement?

Hi, I just so happen to have a Hayward auto-feed tablet chlorinator in addition to a Hayward AquaTrol SWG, and am about to install everything. The AquaTrol is so said good for 18,000 gallons, but probably rated for Vermont's climate, not ultra hot/humid Louisiana. My pool is pegging it out at 17,500 gallons. My question is would it be a good idea to install the in-line chlorinator plus the SWG to supplement the hot days of summer for chlorine output? Any things to consider? Pool place mentioned putting a one-way check valve in between chlorinator and sand filter to prevent back-flow of ultra-pure chlorinated water from eating seals.....seemed plausible to me. Thoughts? :?:

Backflows are a good idea, nothing wrong with installing both if you already have them. You may not need the chlorinator but it's a nice backup to have just incase the cell malfunctions or something.

What kind of pool is it? Vinyl, etc?

Cyruss, just make sure that whatever model of chlorinator you use ( Cl200, Cl220 ( offline model that may interest you) of the Rainbow....that you plumb in the inlines AFTER the SWG cell or in the case of the Cl220, the outlet line, after the cell. Check valve is a good idea sure, but choose one that's easy to service. There very well may be times when the cell can't keep up with what goes in your pool and a chlorinator always beats putting pucks in the skimmer to help it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.