pool light issues

midtngal

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 26, 2007
Nashville, TN
Hay ya'll! :wave: It's my once-a-year-problem time. :lol:

My light has gone out again. :rant: I thought maybe it was just going to be that the bulbs need replacing. It's been almost 2 years since I had this light put in. I got a new gasket and replacement bulbs and of course, being my world and all, it's not the bulbs. :x I know there is some kind of electrical problem somewhere because I have been through 4 pumps and 5 or 6 capacitors in 4 years time; this last pump has lasted about 2 years so far but I just had to replace the capacitor yet again a couple of weeks ago. It had been on since 1/10. Every time I've had an electrician out he tells me that everything is done right and he can't find the problem. :blah:

So here I sit with the light out of the pool all covered up because of course we are having thunderstorms for the first time in 3 weeks and I don't want anything to get wet and rust until I can get an electrician to come look into it. My bottom line question is.....can I still run the pump as normal while this light is out of the pool? :-? It appears that it is going to be several days before someone can make it over. I've had such "sparklypoolitis" for the last 4 years thanks to all you wonderful people that I don't want to ruin my streak and have it turn ugly.

TIA................Karen

What is the brand/model for the pump? What is its rated current draw and what is the gauge of wiring going to it from the breaker panel? What is the size of the breaker that feeds the pump, and is it 120V or 220V? It could be that the wiring to the pump is not properly sized and this could be causing issues when the pump turns on (e.g. during its largest current draw).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.