SWG Circupool RJ45

jonsan

Jun 14, 2011
My pool is 25 years old and I just switch to SWG Circupool RJ45. I am not getting any chlorine reading. Alkalinity is running at 200 ppm using acid to bring down my alkalinity, salinity is running at 6500 ppm is this salinity to high for ideal operation? My control panel is over heating when I run it at 70% trying to get chlorine in the pool. What am I doing wrong?

Pool: Vinyl
Size: 18X36
28,000 gallon of water

Your salt is over the recommended range for your SWG. The RJ series manual gives an operating range of 3,000-6,000 PPM with 3,500 PPM being ideal. When I installed a RJ30 last Dec I over did it on the salt. Combine a lightly used pool with the current Texas drought and my levels are still high (sometimes hitting 5,000 PPM.) I haven't had overheating issues but I also run the cell at 20% or 30% and my salt level is much lower than your level. You may need a partial drain to get your salt level down.

Pool is clear super sock pool last night with granular cholorine.

Pool condition analysis:
Temp: 85 Copper: 1
Saturation LDX: 01 Iron: 0
TDS: 5,000 Manganese: None
CYA: 90 Staining: None
Total Chlorine: 8.5 Copper Stain: None
Free Chlorine: 7.1 No sign of algae
PH: 7.3 SLIME/MOLD: None
Total Alkalinity: 158
Adjusted total ALK: 131
Total Hardness: 313
Minerals: 4300
Borates rate: 0

The unit now has a no water flow fault which will not reset. The pool pump is running, water is returning to the pool, you can see water going through the salt generator. This unit is the replacement unit because the first unit was replaced for getting hot and shutting off. Maybe this is not a good system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.