Maybe the most overdone 10' intex around.

May 31, 2011
thought i would share a little project that ive been working on for the past few weeks.
i bought a intex 10'x30" above ground pool for me and my 4yr old daughter to play in the summer in.
naturally i ordered a 2500gph pump (replaced stock 500gph pump) and also a saltwater chlorine generator.

heres some pics of my build.
IMAG0645.jpg

IMAG0646.jpg

IMAG0651.jpg

IMAG0671.jpg

IMAG0672.jpg

IMAG0673.jpg

IMAG0675.jpg

Next project is replace those NASTY brickpavers that come off the back deck.

Thanks! im still planning on doing a few other things around it (lighting/plants) but for a newbie i think it came out really good!!
my goal was to take me from detroit to florida by walking out the back door. so far so good lol

Cool job! We started out with an intex pool for us and the kids in 2007 and used it until 2010. It was a lot of fun and we learned a lot from it. Of course, you've made yours look better than ours ever did. Our little intex bit the dust just as we were planning our inground pool installation. I always jokingly refered to our Intex as our "ghetto pool", but seriously, you can't beat the bang for the buck you get out of those Intex pools. In the end, all a pool really is is a hole in (or above) the ground that you pour water and money into.

That looks great. I just put up a 15' soft side. I happened across a bigger pump and filter, though not an Intex.
Where did you get the external valves/fittings that the hoses connect to on the pool? Do they allow you to stop
having to use the black plugs?
Todd

We started out with an 18' foot one that we bought from Sam's Club and used it for several years. A couple of years ago after setting it up, my son was in it swimming and it popped! All the water came gushing out towards my house! I told my husband that was it.....time for an inground pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.