My Intex 16x48 with custom deck and stairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2011
Orlando, FL
Here's some build pics of our intex pool we put up at the end of last season. We're very happy with the results and are getting a lot of good use out of the pool.

Leveling out the ground
IMG_1859.jpg
IMG_1860.jpg

We ended up using a very thick pond liner under the pool. It's under the blue tarp. It was very expensive, but it will keep grass or weeds from growing through the liner. We learned this the hard way very early on even though I was very careful to kill everything under the pool.
IMG_1861.jpg
IMG_1863.jpg
IMG_1864.jpg

Initial posts for deck
IMG_1865.jpg
IMG_1866.jpg

Beginning the framing
IMG_1867.jpg
IMG_1868.jpg

Custom made stringers. I made an excel spreadsheet that makes measuring and cutting stringers extremely simple if anyone is interested.
IMG_1869.jpg

Started decking surface
IMG_1870.jpg
IMG_1871.jpg

Ready for spindles
IMG_1872.jpg
IMG_1874.jpg

Meshing the decking planks
IMG_1875.jpg

View from the top
IMG_1877.jpg

Completed!
IMG_1878.jpg
IMG_1880.jpg
IMG_1881.jpg
IMG_1882.jpg
IMG_1883.jpg

The stairs that are in the pool are great. I think they were only $200 or something and are perfect. So much nicer getting in and out of the pool than ladders.

I'll post some new pics. New features include better landscaping, wiring at the pumps, and stained the wood. Also replaced the intex rope that holds the legs in place with a nice 1" nylon strap in gray. Next is pcv plumbing to get rid of the hoses and have some valves that will make maintaining the SWG system much easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ractis
Good question. For a long time I hope. The ultra frames (recommended) look like they will last a very long time. I've already had to set up this pool 3 times due to mistakes made by me. and everything is holding up great so far.

Setup Pool #1
- Weeds started to grow through liner. Bought tougher liner to put under pool so took down pool

Setup Pool #2
- Used for the rest of the season, but rope deteriorated (it's not great quality) and legs started to bow out slightly. So took down pool for the winter. Bought a nice 1 inch wide 70 foot long nylon strap and ratchet to use in place of the shoddy rope.

Setup Pool #3
- Now have strap in place. Legs are now nice and vertical. Just slight unevenness problems, but our yard has a decent grade down towards the back so that considered it's not really that bad. Hopefully the last time we need to set up the pool :goodjob:

Rªzª said:
Total cost in materials was about $350
Did that include the ladder too? Oh and what kind of material did you use for the top of the deck (like the floor of the deck) is it some type of like water resistant board or something? Sorry for so many questions, I've been looking for some pictures of a simple deck on an intex pool and your's is exactly what I had in mind.

carterj92 said:
Rªzª said:
Total cost in materials was about $350
Did that include the ladder too? Oh and what kind of material did you use for the top of the deck (like the floor of the deck) is it some type of like water resistant board or something? Sorry for so many questions, I've been looking for some pictures of a simple deck on an intex pool and your's is exactly what I had in mind.

Ah no yeah that did not include the stairs. They were around $200. Very happy with those. For the decking surface, I used that synthetic decking material at home depot. It's expensive but it will last forever and completely waterproof.

Rªzª said:
carterj92 said:
[quote="Rªzª":204s0w7u]Total cost in materials was about $350

Ah no yeah that did not include the stairs. They were around $200. Very happy with those. For the decking surface, I used that synthetic decking material at home depot. It's expensive but it will last forever and completely waterproof.[/quote:204s0w7u]
Thanks so much! I think I might do something similar than.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Unless my eyes are going, that all looks like PT to me, except the deck surface. PT is a lot lighter these days, than the spruce green we were to used to back in the day :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.